Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Stevens, A. W. (forthcoming). “The economics of soil health.” Food Policy.
Hilger, J., E. Hallstein, A. W. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (forthcoming). “Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood.” Environmental and Resource Economics.
Stevens, A. W. (2017). “Quinoa quandary: Cultural tastes and nutrition in Peru.” Food Policy, 71: 132-142.
Berck, P., J. Moe-Lange, A. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (2016). “Measuring Consumer Responses to a Bottled Water Tax Policy.” American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(4): 981-996. (lead article)
Stevens, A., P. Berck, & S. Villas-Boas (2016). “Taxing Bottled Water as an Environmental Policy.” Agricultural and Resource Economics Update, 19(4): 9-11. University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics.
Burlig, F. & A. W. Stevens, “Reap What Your Friends Sow: Social Networks and Technology Adoption.” Revise and Resubmit, Review of Economics and Statistics.
Stevens, A. W., “Temperature, Wages, and Agricultural Labor Productivity.”
Stevens, A. W., “Fueling Local Water Pollution: Ethanol Refineries, Land Use, and Nitrate Runoff.”
Stevens, A. W., “Estimating Agricultural Acreage Responses to Input Prices: Groundwater in California.”
In the News
- February 7, 2017: The Quinoa Revolution! – “Stuff You Should Know” Podcast (referenced at approx. 32:50)
- December 6, 2016: Taxes on bottled water are better at raising money than reducing litter – LSE USAPP Blog
- July, 2016: Consumers Respond to a Tax on Bottled Water (Guest Editorial) – Today’s Grocer (must select page 6)
- July 17, 2016: Quinoa isn’t a threat to food security. It’s improving Peruvian farmers’ lives – The Guardian
- May 18, 2016: Plummeting quinoa prices are hurting farmers in Peru and Bolivia – The Economist
- April 27, 2016: Podcast Interview – This Is Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- April 18, 2016: It is OK to eat quinoa – Eat This Podcast
- March 31, 2016: Your Quinoa Habit Really Did Help Peru’s Poor. But There’s Trouble Ahead – The Salt, National Public Radio
- March 11, 2016: At Calif. Campuses, A Test For Free Speech, Privacy And Cybersecurity – All Tech Considered, National Public Radio
- January 25, 2016: AAEA Trust Profile
- June 3, 2014: Radio Interview – The Graduates, KALX 90.7 FM, Berkeley, CA
- April, 2012: Research charts path to sustainable cities, University of Chicago News Feature