Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Stevens, A. W. (forthcoming). Assessing Student Learning Using a Digital Grading Platform. Applied Economics Teaching Resources.
Hilger, J., E. Hallstein, A. W. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (forthcoming). Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood. Environmental and Resource Economics.
Stevens, A. W. (2018). Review: The economics of soil health. Food Policy, 80: 1-9.
Stevens, A. W. (2017). Quinoa quandary: Cultural tastes and nutrition in Peru. Food Policy, 71: 132-142.
Berck, P., J. Moe-Lange, A. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (2016). Measuring Consumer Responses to a Bottled Water Tax Policy. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(4): 981-996.
Stevens, A., P. Berck, & S. B. Villas-Boas (2016). “Taxing Bottled Water as an Environmental Policy.” Agricultural and Resource Economics Update, 19(4): 9-11. University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics.
Burlig, F. & A. W. Stevens, Reap What Your Friends Sow: Social Networks and Technology Adoption. Revise and Resubmit, Review of Economics and Statistics.
Stevens, A. W., Temperature, Wages, and Agricultural Labor Productivity.
Stevens, A. W., Fueling Local Water Pollution: Ethanol Refineries, Land Use, and Nitrate Runoff.
Stevens, A. W., Estimating Agricultural Acreage Responses to Input Prices: Groundwater in California.
Stevens, A. W., Labor Relations, Brand Value, and Trust in Agricultural Cooperatives.
In the News
- November 12, 2018: An economist’s call for a politics of global solidarity (Book Review) – The Christian Century
- October 31, 2018: New study finds that when it comes to sustainability, Americans are willing to pay – NOAA Fisheries Southwest Fisheries Science Center
- February 7, 2017: The Quinoa Revolution! – Stuff You Should Know Podcast (referenced at approx. 32:50)
- December 6, 2016: Taxes on bottled water are better at raising money than reducing litter – LSE USAPP Blog
- July, 2016: Consumers Respond to a Tax on Bottled Water (Guest Editorial) – Today’s Grocer (must select page 6)
- July 17, 2016: Quinoa isn’t a threat to food security. It’s improving Peruvian farmers’ lives – The Guardian
- May 18, 2016: Plummeting quinoa prices are hurting farmers in Peru and Bolivia – The Economist
- April 27, 2016: Podcast Interview – This Is Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- April 18, 2016: It is OK to eat quinoa – Eat This Podcast
- March 31, 2016: Your Quinoa Habit Really Did Help Peru’s Poor. But There’s Trouble Ahead – The Salt, National Public Radio
- March 11, 2016: At Calif. Campuses, A Test For Free Speech, Privacy And Cybersecurity – All Tech Considered, National Public Radio
- January 25, 2016: AAEA Trust Profile
- June 3, 2014: Radio Interview – The Graduates, KALX 90.7 FM, Berkeley, CA
- April, 2012: Research charts path to sustainable cities, University of Chicago News Feature