Peer-Reviewed Journal Articles
Berck, P., G. Englander, S. Gold, S. He, J. Horsager, S. Kaplan, M. Sears, A. Stevens, C. Trachtman, R. Taylor, & S. B. Villas-Boas (forthcoming). Recycling Policies, Behavior and Convenience: Survey Evidence from the CalRecycle Program. Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy.
Liao, S. F., M. S. Hasan, Z. Yang, A. W. Stevens, J. Brett, & Z. Peng (2020). Feeding Arsenic-Containing Rice Bran to Growing Pigs: Growth Performance, Arsenic Tissue Distribution, and Arsenic Excretion. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17(22), 8530.
Stevens, A. W. (2019). Economic Theory Provides Insights for Soil Health Policy. Choices, 34(2).
Stevens, A. W. (2019). Assessing Student Learning Using a Digital Grading Platform. Applied Economics Teaching Resources, 1(1), 18-24.
Hilger, J., E. Hallstein, A. W. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (2019). Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood. Environmental and Resource Economics, 73(1), 307-332.
Stevens, A. W. (2018). Review: The economics of soil health. Food Policy, 80, 1-9.
Stevens, A. W. (2017). Quinoa quandary: Cultural tastes and nutrition in Peru. Food Policy, 71, 132-142.
Berck, P., J. Moe-Lange, A. Stevens, & S. Villas-Boas (2016). Measuring Consumer Responses to a Bottled Water Tax Policy. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(4), 981-996.
Stevens, A. W. (2019). Theme Overview: Soil Health Policy in the United States and Abroad. Choices, 34(2).
Berck, P., G. Englander, S. Gold, Y. He, J. Horsager, S. Kaplan, A. Stevens, R. Taylor, C. Trachtman, M. Van Dop, & S. Villas-Boas (2018). Convenient Beverage Recycling in California. A Report to the California State Legislature.
Stevens, A., P. Berck, & S. B. Villas-Boas (2016). Taxing Bottled Water as an Environmental Policy. Agricultural and Resource Economics Update, 19(4): 9-11. University of California Giannini Foundation of Agricultural Economics.
Burlig, F. & A. W. Stevens, Reap What Your Friends Sow: Social Networks and Technology Adoption.
Stevens, A. W., Temperature, Wages, and Agricultural Labor Productivity.
Stevens, A. W. & W. B. Bradley, Crop Rotations and Risk Management in Mississippi Delta Agriculture.
Thomas, B., L. Fan, & A. W. Stevens, Consumer Purchasing Response to Genetically Engineered Labeling.
Stevens, A. W., Ethanol Refineries and Local Land Use.
Stevens, A. W., Estimating Agricultural Acreage Responses to Input Prices: Groundwater in California.
Stevens, A. W., Labor Relations, Brand Value, and Trust in Agricultural Cooperatives.
In the News
- November 20, 2020: UW–Madison involved in USDA project to explore lessons learned from pandemic’s impact on food systems
- November 19, 2020: Food insecurity during COVID-19 impacts the nation and college campuses – The Daily Cardinal
- November 14, 2020: UW–Madison leads new USDA-funded collaborative project to study U.S. food flows
- September/October, 2020: UW’s Swine Nutrition Group Receives NIFA Funding – Pork Headlines (page 5)
- August 15, 2020: A famous West African chef and a Dean & Deluca alum have a new ‘it’ grain that could unseat quinoa – Fortune
- July 23, 2020: Is LGBT equality economically beneficial for all? (book review) – The Christian Century
- June 16, 2020: Meat Industry Continues To Adapt To COVID-19 – WORT Local News, WORT 89.9 FM, Madison, WI
- June 16, 2020: COVID-19 and the meat supply chain – Badger Talks video, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- May 21, 2020: USDA Outlines Rules For $19 Billion In Farm Aid – Central Time, Wisconsin Public Radio
- May 17, 2020: COVID-19 taking toll on economy, experts say (TV news story) – WMBC; Madison, WI
- May 6, 2020: Why U.S. meatpacking workers are vulnerable to coronavirus, and why the industry won’t easily change – Green Bay Press Gazette
- May 5, 2020: No shortage expected, but meat supply could see new constraints – PolitiFact
- January 9, 2020: How wealth and unjust tax policy erode democracy (book review) – The Christian Century
- October 23, 2019: New faculty profile: Andrew Stevens studies economic decision-making in the food supply chain – University of Wisconsin–Madison College of Agricultural & Life Sciences
- November 12, 2018: An economist’s call for a politics of global solidarity (book review) – The Christian Century
- October 31, 2018: New study finds that when it comes to sustainability, Americans are willing to pay – NOAA Fisheries Southwest Fisheries Science Center
- February 7, 2017: The Quinoa Revolution! – Stuff You Should Know Podcast (referenced at approx. 32:50)
- December 6, 2016: Taxes on bottled water are better at raising money than reducing litter – LSE USAPP Blog
- July, 2016: Consumers Respond to a Tax on Bottled Water (Guest Editorial) – Today’s Grocer (must select page 6)
- July 17, 2016: Quinoa isn’t a threat to food security. It’s improving Peruvian farmers’ lives – The Guardian
- May 18, 2016: Plummeting quinoa prices are hurting farmers in Peru and Bolivia – The Economist
- April 27, 2016: Podcast Interview – This Is Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
- April 18, 2016: It is OK to eat quinoa – Eat This Podcast
- March 31, 2016: Your Quinoa Habit Really Did Help Peru’s Poor. But There’s Trouble Ahead – The Salt, National Public Radio
- March 11, 2016: At Calif. Campuses, A Test For Free Speech, Privacy And Cybersecurity – All Tech Considered, National Public Radio
- January 25, 2016: AAEA Trust Profile
- June 3, 2014: Radio Interview – The Graduates, KALX 90.7 FM, Berkeley, CA
- April, 2012: Research charts path to sustainable cities, University of Chicago News Feature